Does Heating Oil Provide the Best Heat for your Home?
The average low temperature in January in the Monticello area is 14 degrees. Get out into the more remote areas and higher elevations, and you’re looking at even colder temperatures.
When Sullivan, Ulster and Orange counties get into the deep freeze, you want a heating fuel source you know will keep your home safe, warm and comfortable so you and your family can be as well.
Among all of the options you have for heating fuel for your home, heating oil stands head and shoulders above the rest.
Here are six reasons why you should choose heating oil for your home:
- Heating oil burns hotter. Did you know that heating oil burns 300 degrees hotter than natural gas? Those 300 degrees mean that your home will be warmer, faster. That’s something you’ll appreciate when you come home during a cold snap. Those 300 degrees also mean that you will burn less fuel to keep your home warm and spend less money on fuel.
- Heating oil makes fiscal sense. When you adjust for inflation, today’s heating oil prices are about the same as they were around 1975. Throw in heating oil’s efficient heating and today’s high-efficiency furnaces and boilers, and you’ll get more bang for your fuel buck.
- Heating oil is more environmentally friendly. Today’s heating oil isn’t like it was in your parents’ and grandparents’ days. Our ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) burns 95 percent cleaner than the heating oil of 50 years ago. That means better energy efficiency and much fewer greenhouse gas emissions!
- Heating oil is safe. Heating oil has to reach 140 degrees and be vaporized in order to burn. And, unlike natural gas, it won’t ever explode.
- Heating oil is in plentiful supply. When winter is at its worst, the supply of natural gas may not be enough to meet demand. Where will that leave you? Heating oil doesn’t have that problem.
- Heating oil equipment last longer. Thanks to ULSHO, improved technology and professional maintenance, today’s oil-fired boilers and furnaces can work for 30 years or longer! That can be twice as long as furnaces and boilers powered by natural gas.
The professionals at Resnick Energy are ready to answer any questions you have about heating oil and our prompt, safe and reliable heating oil delivery. Contact us today!