Preparing for a Home Heating Oil Delivery
At Resnick Energy, our dedicated drivers take great pride in delivering your heating oil on time and safely in any weather – but we can’t do that without a little help from you!
Please help us to better serve you and the rest of our customers by making these preparations in advance of any scheduled winter heating oil delivery.
- Remove ice and snow from your driveway, and mark its edges. One of your biggest obstacles to getting to your heating oil fill pipe is navigating our fuel trucks on steep driveways. Safety codes prohibit us from parking a fuel truck on an incline unless it is clear of snow and ice and wheel chocks (the wedges we put under the tires so the truck doesn’t roll back) can be applied safely. Neither of us wants our crew to get to your house only to learn we can’t deliver your fuel!
- Clear a path to your oil fill pipe. If snow falls, try to shovel at least an 18-inch wide path to your oil tank’s fill pipe tank.
- Keep gates unlocked and pets under control. Access to your property is critical on delivery day, as is the safety of your pets and our drivers. If reaching your fill pipe requires access through a gate, please make sure the gate is unlocked or that someone is home to grant entry to our delivery crew.
- Stay accessible. On delivery day, please stay accessible by cell phone in case an unexpected problem arrives. If you’re not sure if we have your current cell number on record here, please contact us.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to call for fuel. Please call to schedule a heating oil delivery when your tank is no less than one-quarter full. This helps us to avoid emergency fill-ups – the fewer of those we have, the more we can keep our schedule for everyone, including you.
Thank you for helping us to keep our promise of safe, reliable heating oil delivery in Sullivan, Eastern Ulster, and Orange Counties!
For reliable, on-time heating oil delivery in our Sullivan, Eastern Ulster, and Orange County service area, nobody beats Resnick Energy! Contact us today to schedule a delivery – or to join the Resnick family of customers.